Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum as this is my first post. I was hopeing that some of you guys would be able to help me out with a problem. I don't really know a who lot about pwc's but I do have a good bit of mechanical knowledge from working on atv's and trucks and stuff all my life. My question is this. My girl friend has got a 2001 Yamaha waverunner. It is an 800 I believe. The problem with it is that it gradually takes on water when riding it. when you first put it in the water you can ride it for probably about an hour and then you really start noticing it and then you have to take the thing out of the water and drain it. I can't find any cracks in the hull or anything like that. Anyone know what might be causing this problem? Thanks in advance. And like I said i'm new at this so don't be too hard on me.

·
Registered
209 Posts
what ski is it?
what year is it?

pre 05's had shitty single piece pumpshoe/rideplate inserts.. take the pump shoe off the bottom of the ski and look for cracks,,,, this happened to me a few years back on my gpr,,

also check the intermediate bearing housing... its the housing that holds the intermediate shaft and coupler,,one side of the housing is always submerged in water and if it has a tiny split it will leak through....also check the lube line that goes to the housing,, water could travel up through there if there was a split...

other than that do you have the front bucket in all the time? if not it will come through there too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts