Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my current ski is down for the count I'm looking to replace and always liked the look of the Aquatrax. I have come across a 2005 R-12 (really dont want a 3 seater), original owner, 56 hours and asking $4500/OBO with trailer. The owner sent me detailed pics and this machine looks to be in excellent condition (havent seen it yet in person). Is this a fair price, or what should this machine sell for?

Also, curious to common issues and things to look out for on these models? Are they pretty reliable? how do they handle? Are they pretty stable, decent in choppy water, dry ride? Im coming from a 2000 Kawasaki ZXi 1100 so that is my frame of reference.

·
Registered
10 Posts
nada.com has fair market values on pwcs. Check them out.

If it is a r-12X (not a r-12) then be sure that the turbo works.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just drove one yesterday since we rent them at our shop. I like them but they aren't all that fun since only about 125 horsepower. They turn nice and accelerate nice for the horsepower. Not a bad price but check kbb.com anyway. No big problems yet, only a blocked water outlet into the water box and it melted the plastic exit elbow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think my current ski was around 110 or 120hp so I would think performance should be similar, but I guess the Honda would be heavier. Do you think it would be as fast as a 96 Yamaha Waveraider? Thats what my wife has and it was always just a hair quicker than my 1100 zxi.

·
Registered
7 Posts
honda

have a 2 and 3 seater non turbo both run about 55-57 mph no problems with either I like the 3 seater a little more, stable in rough water, 2 seater is fine though just my preference

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you ridden a turbo model for comparison? Finally got my R12X in the water today and holy freakin crap does this thing fly! I wouldnt mind getting another Aquatrax for my wife but seeing as how the X feels a bit weak until the the tirbo kicks in (then hold on tight) and I hear the dealer knows of an R12 but there are no more X's left.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ive got two 2005 Honda F-12 with 60 hours on them as well.

The skis are great! I do wish I would have purchased one F-12 and one R-12X, but the power is already crazy with the three seaters!

The turbo doesn't add top end speed, and acceleration is real good already with the F-12.

I am not sure how much horsepower they have, but its a 1200cc engine and is simply lovely. When at the lake or ocean, I do see similar aquatrax, usually 2003 and 2004, but I usually see them turbo'd. With that said, I wouldnt mind spending an extra grand and having a turbo in there!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts