Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did a search but obviously not plugging in the right words.......Need guidance...basically i bought a 2007 SeaDoo GTI SE with only 18 hours on it from a marina that got a pair of them as a trade in...so basically i was told where the gas goes,the dipstick is and how to start it...I downloaded the manual from the SeaDoo website and have read it,but alot of stuff to take in......XPS LUBE is mentioned alot,i have also read in some forum where before and after some guys are sprayin down the inside motor compartment and motor itself with this product to help keep the water off it,i thought i read how someone said they sprayed the inside with WD-40.....is this fact or fiction and did i get any of the information close and or right or wrong????
Also is there any more important details i should know about before going out in the water with this boat????
Thanks in advance......

·
Registered
47 Posts
wd 40

there are those who use it and those that don't recommend it for the outside of the engine and all metal and plastic parts. I don't use it on my ski, even though it has water displacement properties, it not meant for marine use, i use Yamashield or any rust inhibitor with silcone in it and spray the whole engine comp. every couple of wks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks dave...so do i want to stay more along the lines of a silicon spray verses a lubricant(CRC,WD40,XPS LUBE)??????

·
Registered
47 Posts
spray

yes stay with the XPS ,it has all the properties needed to prevent corrosion and hoses and plastic wire insulation from drying out. Of course this is not a quick fix solution if you already have a cracked hose or some salt water corrosion.Its meant for long term care to prevent those problems from happening for many yrs.I don't know if you ride in salt water but "salt eats boats" just the salt air alone.BTW don't forget to marine lube your joints, your service manual should direct you.....good luck;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
another trick

I ride in brackish water and one thing I always make sure to do is to dry out the bilge compartment completely.....I actually have a small wetvack that I use for that purpose.....my theory is that if you have some salty water in the bottom, as the temperature changes and you get condensation, you are pretty much bathing the engine in this salty air. Definately use the spray as well, but this one more thing you can do if you want to be meticulous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts