Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first Jet Ski, a Kawaski ultra 150. When I took it out the first time the water plug on top of the engine was missing and it filled up with water. I took it out and drained all the water and went home for the day and started it at home a couple times for about 5 seconds. The next time I took it out to the lake I got it started but it ran like crap and it was kind of smokey in the engine compartment. It ran like it was flooded or missing or something. What damage may I have done and what suggestions do you have that I might try to get it running. Thanks alot for your help!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
water in oil

Could be, How do I get the oil drained to get the water out? Also do I need to drain the gas and how do I do that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ski

Do you mean the two stroke oil or is there other oil. I don't think there is a dip stick for the two stroke oil. Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
if you've drained everything, unless you wanna tear into it and start replacing bearings, seals etc... all you can do is go hammer down on that thing and clean it out.. you might wanna clean the carbs out too. also check reeds, compression,piston rings, jug scarring just to make sure nothing to serious happened..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts