Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, its nice to see a pwc forum and hopefully some of new you know how to fix my problem.

i have an 08 gtx limited and 08 rxp.

i recently got a wakeboard and my sister was pulling me on the gtx. i dont know what happened but she managed to run over the rope.

me trying to be the hero purposely capsized the jet ski to see if i could pull out the rope. after a few minutes of a futile effort i turned the jet ski back over....only to see it half sunk in the water. anyways i towed it in with my other jetski. pulled it out of the water, drained it, cut the rope that was circled around the shaft in the intake grate. after that was done i tried starting the motor but no luck. any help would be greatly appreciated guys.
thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am actually a little confused of what happened with the rope. I understand its stuck, but where exactly is it wrapped around. I would remove the pump first and check the wear rings first. What you can do is pull the spark plugs and allow the motor to spin freely as you unwind the rope. DO NOT start the ski, just let it wind naturally.

·
Registered
209 Posts
its not that easy to spin a 4-stroke with just the plugs removed...

aparently the rope is out?....

with the plugs removed, crank it to see if the motor injested water....

check your battery charge level and lead connections to the motor and elec box..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts