Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys... i would like to buy a used sea doo jet ski. I have found a reasonable offer for a 2003 GTX supercharged with 185bhp. What are the things I need to be careful before buying a used jet ski. this particular boat has 225 hours.
In how many hours more or less do I need a new engine?

1)is this jet ski reliable ?
2)what are the most common issues ?
3) will I be able to pull two guys with skis behind and also carry one guy on board with me ?
4) is this boat a keeper ?

the more info you can give the better, because tomorow I am going to see it. thank you all in advance

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you're correct about the hours, I'd pass that one over without giving it a second thought. Those are the kind of hours I'd expect to see on a rental ski and you'll be purchasing a money pit. Look for something with half (or fewer) that many hours.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a 2003 model, are these too many hours ?

even if it is a rental, does this mean that it is out of the question ?

also how much would it be to rebuild the engine/compressor ?:dunno:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Keep looking - assuming you want something to ride, not a project. Don't look at is as a classic car you're restoring as a showpiece.

You should be able to find a boat in that year range with only 80-120 hours.
What is their asking price?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is 9000 euros and here in Greece they were selling it for 15.800 euro as new with no trailer of course.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's far too much for a ski with those kind of hours in my opinion.

Looking at the Sea Doo site I see they currently offer the GTX in 3 configurations. 155, 215 & 260 horsepower. It appears only the 215 & 260 configs are supercharged.

Looks like the 215hp would be the most comparable model to the one you're considering. In the USA this boat new would have an MSRP of $14,700 (10,400 EUR).

I checked Sea-Doo Spain, but couldn't find the MSRP on that site. However, I'd guess the cost on that model should be less than the 15,800 EUR you've been told. I think you'd be spending far too much for a machine that might end up costing you more than a new ski in a very short amount of time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts