Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone can help, I hake a '88 Kawi 550 jetski, I seem to have being a problem with the jetting. Was wondering if anyone had a base setting for the carb jets (how many turns out) ect. Any help would be apperciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kawasaki SX

I am looking at a similar issue. I have a 89 300sx and need help with the carb. I wanted to take it in to the local Kawasaki guys, but they said it was too old to rebuild due to lack of available parts. The ski starts up out of water but wont idle. Any help would be great as I am new to PWC's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does your carb have the "butterfly" type screw jets on it? On my carb the screw just under the choke is the idle adjustment. Turn it out to increase idle speed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks jetskiplanet.co, I got it running and idleing ok, but had to come out 2 1/4 turns on the low side. It seemed like alot to me, but it seemed to do the trick. I'm running a full Kerker exhaust system with stock intake so I'm not sure if it's normal to run that rich or not. Had it running and idleing for about 20 minutes making adjustments (pushing water through it of course) pulled the plugs and ther're a light brown. Also 2 turns out on the pilot.

·
BORN TO FISH NOT CATCH
1,512 Posts
88 i think you have the kehien, i think
if you have the round body mikuni, which i thought they went away with them, throw it away

post a pic of carb
if running an exhaust they say 1/4-1/2 turn out also

1 - 7 of 7 Posts