Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I was just given a 1996 Tigershark Monte Carlo by my Uncle who no longer wanted it. It's a 3 man jet ski I guess. Previously I had rode another family member's Sea Doo Bombardier that I took out on the lake one time, it tipped on me when the waves got rough and had me spooked enough where I never wanted to ride again. It was my very first time being on a jet ski at all and no one had told me those were kinda topsy turvy etc. So my question is this....With this Tigershark 3 man jet ski being wider and 10+ feet in length, is it less likely to tip? Please don't think I'm an idiot for asking this. :(

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
For an older ski, I think that model of Tigershark was pretty stable, but nothing to compare to more modern skis. It should be pretty stable with 1 rider......more tippy as you add passengers. Hey, you can't go wrong with a free ski..........try it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Ernest T :) Well I'm going to test it out tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully you hear from me again :laugh:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hi all. I was just given a 1996 Tigershark Monte Carlo by my Uncle who no longer wanted it. It's a 3 man jet ski I guess. Previously I had rode another family member's Sea Doo Bombardier that I took out on the lake one time, it tipped on me when the waves got rough and had me spooked enough where I never wanted to ride again. It was my very first time being on a jet ski at all and no one had told me those were kinda topsy turvy etc. So my question is this....With this Tigershark 3 man jet ski being wider and 10+ feet in length, is it less likely to tip? Please don't think I'm an idiot for asking this. :(
You must have rode an older Sea Doo because the newer ones are not very tippy. I am 6' tall and weigh 225 lbs and can step on the gunnels without tipping, it will lean but not tip. In regards to your Tiger Shark, it is unstable from what I have seen and also been told. Also never go out alone on the Suzuki powered Tiger Shark was made by Artic Cat, who makes snowmobiles. They were discontinued because of poor sales due poor design. They break down alot so take your cell phone. If it breaks part it out, I'm sure the parts will sell quick since they are very hard to find and no one will work on them. I hear the drive shafts are bad. Good luck!!!!!!!:eek::pity:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts