Personal Water Craft Forum banner

Newbie - question

890 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Tush 
#1 ·
Hi. First time owner of a PWC and I picked up a 2018 VXR. It’s in ok shape (not perfect by any means) with 120 hours. The previous owner had it serviced right before I picked it up (about 4 hours from me) .... but I couldn’t try it out (cold, logistics). It has warranty until Aug of 2021 so I wasn’t terribly concerned. The problem is that I tried to run it with the hose so I could get Seafoam through everything for the winter (indoor heated storage) but couldn’t even get it to turn over (battery show 12.2). 2 main questions. 1. It’s showing F on the dash (for Forward?), will it start in F or does it have to be in N? How do I get it to N on the trailer? 2. I checked the oil (on a trailer) and it didn’t even register on the dipstick so I added oil until it was just under full. IF I’ve put too much in, could this cause it to not start (is there a limit switch?).

Cheers,
Tush

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.