Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. New to the forum and had a few questions. I am looking at buying a used jet ski or 2 and was wondering if anyone can help with some of the things to look for or to ask when looking at a used 2 stroke PWC?
Found a couple 2 ski deals, for pricing do you use NADA for a value or do you use a different source? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Compression check is a must. The ski can run good on the trailer but have a dieing cylinder. Yes use NADA as a general guide.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Agree with YamaDoo. Compression test is manditory for buying used 2 stroke.

I also HIGHLY Recommend taking the skis out for a test ride on the water. Some sellers are reluctant to let someone do a test ride, especially if they have not ridden a ski before, but you could let them drive and you ride as passenger. There is no real way to know if the pump system is working OK other than a test ride.

NADA will be a starting guide. I think it tends to be a little on the low side.

When you have a specific set of skis in mind post back, and you will get more detailed info on what to look for. Each ski tends to have particular quarks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. Once I narrow it down I will definitely post which brand and model I am looking at. Thanks again

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking at a 1996 Seadoo GTI and a 1995 Seadoo XP. Anything specific I should look for? I will do a compression test when I go look at them, but anything else to check. Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts