Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post, hello all! I just got my first ski and I'm starting a total rebuild. I paid $75.00 for the ski and trailer. It's a 92 Kawasaki 750 SS, when I picked it up, the hull was half full of rain water and there is some front end damage. The fiberglass is solid otherwise, so I am going to try to repair the damage myself, remove the decals, then sand and paint it. The motor isn't locked up, so I'm planning on rebuilding it myself. I am pretty good mechanically, but this is my first ski, so I'm looking for any tips, pointers, or advice anyone may have! I will post pics of the progress as I go. Thanks for any advice or information anyone can offer. Here are the pics of it, I have the seat as well, just removed before pictures.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Empty Hull - Motor is out

I removed the motor and everything else from the hull. Any advice for where to purchase a cheap rebuild kit for the motor? I'm on a limited budget, so I am trying to take the least expensive route. Also, where can I find a manual for the ski, I'm looking for a parts list and maybe a wiring diagram.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hate decals!

Yesterday I started removing the decals... didn't realize how hard they were to take off! Anyone have any suggestions on an easier way, I have been using a sharp edged scraper, tried a heat gun, but it just made the decals brittle and harder to remove. Also pulled the motor apart, noticed one of the pistons has a piece broken off of it, but the cylinders look good and the head doesn't look damaged. Gonna have the cylinders bored and honed then back together with oversized pistons and rings. I'm wanting to switch to a dual carb setup, but I don't know the downfalls if any... has anyone had bad luck with them? How much of a power increase would I be getting?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts