Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought 2 jetskis used. A 93 Yamaha Waverunner WRB700R PRO VXR and a 95 Yamaha RA1100T WAVE RAIDER 1100. The 1100 runs perfectly fine. On the other hand i am having problems with the 700. Im thinking its the pump or maybe carburetor needs ajustment maybe?

Anyways heres the problem. It cranks over but wont stay running. it will run for a second or two but after i just it alittle tap on the throttle it bogs out. Anyone have an idea of what it might be? :confused:

Oh and another question. Do the spark plugs have to be gaped? The guy at boaters world told me to just put them in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yea the plugs 'have' to be gapped. Or should, probably just fine as they are from the factory, but in case they were dropped in shipping to close the gap, or if your machine calls for a different gap for the plug... you'll have to check the owners manual or similar to find out what to set it at.

I'd do a compression check on the 700. I'd also make sure it is getting oil and not tooooo much or too little. I'd also make sure it has good spark (my 701 acted similar when i first got it and turned out to be that the entire ignition box was real corroded; i had to clean every connection and replace a few wires, and mine was stalling on occasion, but randomly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well heres the problems im fixing now. New throttle cable was installed. Old one was completly bent in have. now the starter relay is shot. part come in today. and i should be about to finnaly figure out if its not getting enough fuel or what.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts