Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1992 Kawasaki 750 SS. Ran great. I dry started for a second before putting in lake. After in water just off trailer, I pushed the starter (lantern key in) and nothing, dead. What could happen in less than a minute? I have a new battery in it. I consider myself mechanical but this has me stumped. Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Don't take this as a dumb question, but we have to start somewhere. Are the battery connections clean and tight? Can you walk out and start it now? What happens if you jump it? I've heard people say that their ski's won't start without a jump, either the battery wasn't fully charged, or they had the wrong one. What battery did you put in it?There is a little switch under the starter button, make sure that didn't get moved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont see the little switch you referred to, Battery is strong, I jumped a wire from + post on battery to the starter and it hit

·
Registered
298 Posts
Make sure the connections on your starter are clean and tight. Try using an electrical test light and make sure your getting juice to the starter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts