Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, great forum, first ski and first post.

Bought this ski last summer, 95 xp 720. The previous owner put a new engine built by SBT in it and it only has a couple hours.

Here's the thing, took it out last summer and the thing ran awesome for the couple of hours I rode it, even pulled a douple tube with two people inpressively.

Two weeks later I take it out again, put it in the water, don't even get out of the no wake zone and it dies. Re start, as soon as I hit the gas it dies. Will sometimes idle, sometimes fast sometimes slow but once you hit the gas it will die.

I assume its some sort of fuel delivery issue but not familiar with these things and not sure where to start. I've mixed the fuel 40:1 as the auto mixer is no longer used. There is plenty of gas in it. Plugs are good.

Thanks in advance for any help, its getting warm out figured its time to learn to trouble shoot this thing and get some use out of it. :thumbsup:

-Robby

·
Registered
6 Posts
have you tried slowly revving it up to full instead of flooring it out of the no wake? my 93 SX dies if you smash the throttle while the engines cold...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, tried that. It will barely idle, once you touch the gas it just dies. Not sure what would change from one week to another to make it run so different.

·
Registered
6 Posts
that happened to ours on a separate occasion but i cant remember exactly what caused it alhough we did get it fixed and back to normal... I'll ask my dad and get back to ya...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be great, thanks. I spent a couple hours messing with it the day it started acting up and couldn't figure out a thing.

-Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone got any thoughts on where I should start? Just finished final exams so got some time now to work on it.

thanks,

-Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts