Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, Nihbru from AKL, NZ.

I'm buying my first jetski this summer. I've wanted one forever now, especially with all the waters around Auckland!
I'm fairly fixed on a Yamaha SVHO, probably the 2018 model. Maybe not the most sensible first ski, but I've raced cars for a while and I know something without high HP and good mod potential would bore me quickly.
I figure since I'll mostly ride ocean, the SVHO hull would be better suited than the gp1800. I'm also attracted to the SVHO because of the storage space, the fuel tank size/consumption compared to SeaDoo alternatives and the RiDE feature in contrast to the Kawaskai's leaver.
I also like to tinker and the modding support for the Yamaha seems great.

Before I even get my ski, I'll do a few recommended courses, including a VHF operator cert and coastal medic course to go with my first aid. I'm confident riding a jetski, but I want to be equipped to help myself and others as best I can in case of emergency.
I'm also going to document my learning experience and do a vlog showcasing the Auckland waters with my adventures around the area.

Looking forward to meeting some of you and learning more about PWCs! :tango_face_glasses:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts