Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i have a 1999 seadoo xp 951 that does not read how much fuel is in the tank, is there a bench test i can do to check the sending unit fron the tank and check to see if the gauge is good, also i can't find where there is a fuse that could be blown, i did check the connections, they seemed good...i just wanted to see what was bad before i start replacing parts...i thank you all..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your reply, the floater does not have connections, it has 2 little magnet balls on the bottom of the float. it looks good. so can i do a bench test of the whole assembly. if so how..thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Those floats are pretty famous for cracking and filling with gas, so it will always sink to the bottom of the tube and register no gas. Pull the ass'y out and check for cracks/leaks in the float. Gas is lighter than water, so if you just put the assembly in water the gas filled float will look like its ok, but it might be full of gas. Check carefully, I had one that took three removals to find the crack.

·
Registered
4 Posts
U can un hook the 2 pin plug coming out of the baffle and jump the to pins on the harness that goes to the fuel gauge. If the gauge reads full then you kno the gauge is working and its the baffle causing the issue. 9 times out of 10 its the baffle that needs replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts