Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks long but it's very detailed to help you/me with the issue. Please any ideas would be very much appreciated. I'm completely stuck and lost and ready to just sink this thing. On 2nd motor and countless amounts of money for something I wont ever get back out of it.

. I'm going to try and describe the best I can.
I have a 1997Kawasaki zxi 750. I blew it up awhile ago and finally bought a new motor for it. (Oil line broke) Well I been breaking it in but I noticed my battery wasnt charging. My voltage regulator was wired wrong. There isnt a factory plug so had to use connector and the guy who did it had it backwards. I looked at another ski and found this out. So I go to fix that and my dumb mistake when I started to disconnect the negative battery cable I accidentally forgot to turn key off. I heard a little click but didnt see a spark and then noticed my mistake. I turned it off and proceeded to disconnect. When I put it back together I tried to start it and when I turn the key I get no warning lights, no clicking and no start. It does absolutely nothing besides trim gauge registers. I can jump the starter relay solenoid and the motor well start and warning lights will come on for the test. So I know motor is still good. What could be my issue? I replaced solenoid with another I had laying around and that didnt fix it. Battery is fully charged and good. And the little black wire is connected to negative bat post also. I have power at green start button and power on red wire at orange switch. All wires in ebox look good. I just bought the new motor and have alot of money into this and the season is almost over but I just cant seem to figure this out. PLEASE any help is greatly appreciated. Also I have power going to start button and power on key switch. And power does NOT transfer on the starting relay solenoid. So no crank/start no clicking or any noise and no power to warning lights

1 - 1 of 1 Posts