Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son was hot-doggin' this weekend, and he lost the ability to steer.
I looked and felt around both ends of the steering cable, and they seemed to be attached in the normal way, so I assume the cable just broke within the housing somehwere.
Anybody have any experience with the same situation?
Anyone have a manual on how to replace the cable?
Anyone know where I can find a replacement for less than $150? I believe the part is #7080789 (or substitute # 7081054)

Thanks in advance!

Bryan

2000 Polaris / Genesis 1200 (carburated)

·
Registered
36 Posts
the steering is by wire. the cable you can get at a polaris dealer, or take your cable off and measure the length and goto a boat/pwc dealer and get a generic one. i havent found an online picture/documentation of one for a polaris yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I found the 'exploded view'...

Here is the link to the Polaris site showing all of the exploded views and parts lists.

http://parts.polarisind.com/Assemblies.asp (If you get an error, look down the left side of the assembly list, and select the SECOND steering assembly choice.)

I never thought of using a GENERIC cable...I know a local lawn mower/tractor supply store that sells cables for under $20. That sure beats the $150 Polaris wants!

The bad news is the store is here in Overland Park, Kansas, and I left the Polaris at the lake house (Ozarks). I'm not sure of the length - or what the ends look like.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HDCruzr,
What was the final outcome? I have the same problem, and would like to learn from your experience.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts