Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just bought a 2001 model GP1200. It started alright. And the engine runned smoothly.

But there is no water coming out from the cooling water pilot outlet.

According to the manual it should start within 20 seconds.

Any idea on what to check.

I am so new to this machine that I do not know whether there is a water pump somewhere? Electrical driven?

Regards

Jan

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
You should see water out of the port side, but it may take more than 20 seconds. Sometimes its more water vapor than an actual stream. You have to have adequate water pressure, the ski has to be level or slightly nose down, and the passage has to be clear.

There is no water pump. Pressure comes from the impeller when you ride and from your hose pressure when you flush.

Take a small plastic tube (like the inside of a pen) and work it around inside the outlet to break up any debris.....insects and other garbage often gets lodged there. Take a pair of vice grips and lightly clamp off the cooling water inlet hose (you loose a lot of your water pressure with water from the hose just running out on the ground through this hose when you flush it). Then try again. If you are not hearing an overheat alarm you are probably OK.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Jorhen98, i think Ernest said almost everything.... i would recommend to do a real test of each hose... its simple and you can be sure about the situation in each hose.
All you need to do is to remove the connection on the engine of the each hose... then connect you home hose to any end of those hoses you disconnect and check if the water is coming out of the other end if there is a good flow, the problem is not there... if there is a low flow.. you can use a hard wire like a copper wire , protect the end of the wire creating a "U", so it will not pierce inside the hose e insert all the way on the hose to clean out....
Once i fiexed the same problem just doing that... the last owner of a ski that i bought left mood inside the hose and completely clogged the hose.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You should see water out of the port side, but it may take more than 20 seconds. Sometimes its more water vapor than an actual stream. You have to have adequate water pressure, the ski has to be level or slightly nose down, and the passage has to be clear.

There is no water pump. Pressure comes from the impeller when you ride and from your hose pressure when you flush.

Take a small plastic tube (like the inside of a pen) and work it around inside the outlet to break up any debris.....insects and other garbage often gets lodged there. Take a pair of vice grips and lightly clamp off the cooling water inlet hose (you loose a lot of your water pressure with water from the hose just running out on the ground through this hose when you flush it). Then try again. If you are not hearing an overheat alarm you are probably OK.
I've got a similar problem, I've cleared all debris but mostly get exhaust and steam out. Could that just be from hose and more water will flow when in the water and in gear???

Appreciate your insight

·
Premium Member
5,059 Posts
I'm assuming yours is a gp1200 ? If your following yamaha's directions that i believe say to turn the hose on all the way, there should be a small steady stream. If not, you need to see why not, and does the water flow normally when on the lake ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts