Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just joined pwcforum this evening.

We are in the process of trying to pick up a vacation home in South Lake Tahoe. Property values have dropped about 50% from their peak, a few years ago. We had tried to pick up a property almost 10 years ago, just before prices started their run up, and just missed out on a 4BR home. We are headed up to Tahoe on Sunday to look at 5 properties.

Assuming we find a desirable property at an attractive price, I suspect that our next purchase will be a pair of pwc's as the kids really enjoyed this, last year, when we spend a day down at the lake and rented 4 jet skis.

We've got a 2009 Sienna XLE Limited to tow the skis. Just gotta beef up the rear suspension a bit.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello and introduce myself. I will be doing a lot of reading to get up to speed on what's available out there and what to watch out for.

If anyone recognized the screen name, I sport the same screen name at hondapilot.org, m3forum.com, e46fanatics.com.

Regards,
David

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ernest,

appreciate the reply. We are headed up on Sunday to look at 5-6 houses.

While doing my homework on pwc's, I noticed that the new vessels are quoted based on MSRP, similar to automobiles. Do dealers discount from MSRP or do they rely solely on manufacturer incentives?

Also, if my interest is in two vessels and a trailer, is that a package that is likely to produce a below msrp quote?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences and knowledge.

David

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
You can probably get a deal if you are buying 2 new skis and a trailer. If not, I'd look for a new dealer. This time of year is peak season, and the dealers are a little less willing to negotiate much, but you can usually beat MFSR price. The best deals are in the off season (Oct-April) in the US. Once you start shopping and find some skis you like, post the prices here and folks can let you know if you are getting a deal or not, and the pros and cons for the brand of ski you are looking at. :juggle2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do and thanks, once again. Really would not be in the market until we close escrow on the house so that would likely put me into the non-peak season. Gives me more time to get the Sienna ready for its future towing duties.

:laugh:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hey welcome to Jet Skiing. My name is Bob I live on the east coast at the top of the Chesapeake Bay. I switched from riding snowmobiles to riding jet skis about 6 years ago. I like Jet skiing better. I also own a 29 foot Baja Outlaw w/twin 454 Mags. Boating and jet skiing here is really good, never run our of places to go. I hope you make out well with your purchase.

See Ya :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, a lot has happened in the last week.

Traveled up to South Lake Tahoe on Sunday, July 4th and viewed 5 homes. Submitted an offer on Tuesday and the seller (FNMA's REO department) accepted the offer on Thursday. We're trying get the paperwork right, as FNMA pretty much does things its own way and hopefully will be able to close in 30 days.

Property is 2,750 sf with 4 bedrooms and 2.5 baths. Property was built in 2006 and was in excellent shape, considering the fact that it was an REO. Saw a lot of REO properties where the appliances, doors, carpeting, hardware, etc had been taken out by the prior owner prior to losing the property in foreclosure. It is a half a block from a trailhead and has two conservatory lots on each side, ensuring that nothing gets built on the adjacent lots. This effectively triples the lot size.

Anyway, on the subject of PWC, received the following quote on two new 2010 Kawasaki 15F's with dual trailer: $18,800 OTD (keep in mind there is 9.5% CA tax on these toys).

Seems like a good deal but was hoping that the more experienced members might give me their impressions.

Waiting on a similar quote for Yamaha VX Cruisers with trailer.

Thanks for everyone's help!

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts