Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jet ski newbie here. 1994 Waveraider 700
It keeps getting water in it when riding. It don't seem to get over 2-3 inches deep.
I don't see any water coming in around the drive shaft.
It has some kind of siphon box inside with a line running out by the exaust (where the water comes out the back) which is connected to a metal tube there.
I blew the line out with air thinking it may have a leak somewhere and was not being siphoned out but the line is not clogged.
I don't see any water leaking anywhere.
don't see an electric pump anywhere either.
Could it just normal to have water in it like that?
Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yikes, hope someone chimes in who knows more but I don't think thats normal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dont have any idea if you have a "pisser" on the side or not. I have a wave venture that had the line come off and put water in the hull. Mine attaches to a tee in the exhaust .:dunno:

·
Registered
21 Posts
My Wave Raider was leaking at the drain plugs. One of the O-Rings was missing. I believe my ski also has a sump that runs when the engine is running. That didn't work so well at the dock overnight and I got about 6 inches in the hull.

Another area to check is the sponsons (sp?) on the side to make sure they are tight and sealed.

I have noticed water in the hull while running. I'm assuming it came from either of the above two sources.

I took a piece of heavy Rubber flooring and mounted a Bilge pump to it. Then I used 3M 5200 to glue the rubber to the hull behind the motor under the drive shaft. I put a drain outlet through the hull under the Gas switch. Doing it this way provides me some protection if I leave the hull in over night or have rolled it, capturing a lot of water. On a previous ski, I used a 6" round sink stopper, mounted the automatic bilge pump, and glued down with 5200. The flexible base allows for all the jostling and because its glued in with 5200, no holes and is 'relatively' easy to remove for repair/replacement.

Just my limited '02 worth.

Greg

·
Registered
42 Posts
My Wave Raider was leaking at the drain plugs. One of the O-Rings was missing. I believe my ski also has a sump that runs when the engine is running. That didn't work so well at the dock overnight and I got about 6 inches in the hull.

Another area to check is the sponsons (sp?) on the side to make sure they are tight and sealed.

I have noticed water in the hull while running. I'm assuming it came from either of the above two sources.

I took a piece of heavy Rubber flooring and mounted a Bilge pump to it. Then I used 3M 5200 to glue the rubber to the hull behind the motor under the drive shaft. I put a drain outlet through the hull under the Gas switch. Doing it this way provides me some protection if I leave the hull in over night or have rolled it, capturing a lot of water. On a previous ski, I used a 6" round sink stopper, mounted the automatic bilge pump, and glued down with 5200. The flexible base allows for all the jostling and because its glued in with 5200, no holes and is 'relatively' easy to remove for repair/replacement.

Just my limited '02 worth.

Greg
Interesting mod, I like it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Wave Venture "pisser" is in the back, Mine has a bilge pump and the thru-hull for that is on the port side. I don't get water in mine often but the pump is great to have just in case.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Try filling with water from the inside and inspected the outside of the hull to find obvious leaks. An automatic pump is always a good idea.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have the same ski but 2 years newer.. and i get almost no water in. i mean. the little bit i do isnt enought to fill up a gatorade bottlecap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts