Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have An 02 Ultra 150 I Bought A Couple Years Ago,it Now Has 42hrs On It And All Stock.problem Is,everytime I Open Hood Or Pull Seat,there Is A Strong Fuel Smell.checked 4 Leaks,found None.changed The Ck Valve,making Sure Its Installed Proper.fuel And Choke Ar Turned Off.it Has Been Stored Inside A Climite Controlled Garage All Winter.everytime I Ck It,i Smell Fuel And Tank Has A Lot Of Preasure Built Up In It.is It Normal 4 There 2 Be All This Preasure? I Release The Cap Every Couple Days 2 Let Preasure Out.where Could This Smell Be Comin From.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Do you have zip ties or hose clamps on all your fuel line connections? If not, it could be a small leak that you wont see. Also, if you leave the fuel cap loose, does it pressurize/vent? It sound like the ski is getting too much heat and causing the fuel to expand. Try leaving the seat off for more airflow into the engine compartment. Let me know if this works? I know its climate controlled, but heat causes the fuel to sell. Dont forget to check all your zip ties/hose clamps. Post results

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ultra fuel smell.

thank yor 4 your reply. theres not nearly enough heat 2 cause the gas 2 expand like this,even when its cold it does this,i have zip ties on the lines,i always leave seat pulled back,even leave hood up lot of the time,still smeel strong oder of fuel.i've checked every line and connection.somethin else,the first startup of the day,it always hard 2 start,yakes several tries with choke on.does fine rest of the day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts