Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i recently bought 2 seadoo GTX's from a guy who was supposedly working on them but his work visa expired and he had to leave the country.

As far as i know the owner brought the 2 jet skis to his shop for repairs then never came to pick them back up. they are 97 models with alot of work needed to each one. One needs an engine overhaul and the other needs various parts.

My question is, How do i go about obtaining a title for the skis??
I dont know the law on abandonment but i know the mechanic has not had the skis for a year.

the tags are current until aug '09 and in texas im pretty sure the tags are good for 2 years.

I dont think any of the repairs were made but i do believe the owner owed storage fees to the mechanic.
I also know i need to at least make sure they are not stolen.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
23 Posts
im going through something similar right now. you need to call the texas department of parks and wild life and talk to someone. Also they have a form for a watercraft history report, in texas you only need a title if it has been registered with one before, the history report will tell you if it has ever been titled, it costs like ten bucks. Seems like you got your work cut out for you on these but good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts