Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, What kind of oil do you guys use in your jet-skis? I know on my cousin's yamaha you have to use their dealer brand oil or it ruins the cat and just bogs down the whole engine. Are our sea-doos just as picky, or can you use the walmart two cycle marine oil?

·
Registered
4 Posts
you can use any good twc3 oil personally i use the mercury quicksilver premium plus oil its reasonable price and i have been working on watercraft and boats since 1981 and never have had an engine failure from mercury oil. stay away from the cheap oil

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I just paid $48+ for a gallon of Sea Doo synthetic injector oil for my 96 Sea Doo which states I must use synthetic oil. My dealer agrees. Is there some way to cut the cost and still get all the protection I need?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Read your Operators Guide and you will see that you MUST use only API TC Low Ash Oil. You do not need to use Sea Doo's brand which is quite expensive when compared to other brands.

Now, depending on the engine in your Doo, i.e., 587-687, you can use Quicksilver PWC (synthetic blend)(silver container) which is best for a 587-687 because is contains 70% mineral oil.

If you have a newer Doo, 787 and above, you need full synthetic, which Quicksilver also manufactures in a black container.

Do not use Quicksilver Premium even though it is API TC because it is Ashless and your rotary needs the ash.

Don't mix oil brands.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What happens if you fuel up with premix?

I just purchased a 96 gti and fueld up a a dock with premix. wanted to run more oil as ski was sitting. Did I hurt it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The first time I ran my hx after it had been sitting for 2 years I ran premix fuel as well as the oil feed, didnt seem to hurt it, only she smoked a lot

·
Registered
13 Posts
i just canged mine with sea doo syntetic oil. bought a tune up kit from e bay for $80. plugs/oil/filter/gaskets.
oil change $80. not getting screwed by the dealer again priceless...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts