Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just bought a 2017 WaveRunner and I must say I am very happy with it!!!

I was looking up the capacity for an oil change and I ran into this page:

www.searchforparts.com/jet-ski-oil-change/yamaha-2017-waverunner-ex-deluxe-1049-1049.0

it mentions rust and corrosion protection. Whether I buy this oil or not, do most or all oils give rust and corrosion protection? Had me thinking about it after seeing the description next to the capacity of 3.59 quarts. Sorry for the question, this is my first PWC.

Thank you for your time.
Jeff.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I just bought a 2017 WaveRunner and I must say I am very happy with it!!!

I was looking up the capacity for an oil change and I ran into this page:

www.searchforparts.com/jet-ski-oil-change/yamaha-2017-waverunner-ex-deluxe-1049-1049.0

it mentions rust and corrosion protection. Whether I buy this oil or not, do most or all oils give rust and corrosion protection? Had me thinking about it after seeing the description next to the capacity of 3.59 quarts. Sorry for the question, this is my first PWC.

Thank you for your time.
Jeff.
All oil will prevent rust by not allowing oxygenation on metal. Some oils will do better at breaking down carbon buildup. To prevent rust and corrosion I use Fluid Film(aerosol spray) on the engine block and a thorough fresh water wash down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts