Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, just purchased a 97 Wave Venture 1100 as a project ski. I was told by the previous owner that he took it into a dealer and was told #2 cylinder was siezed so it needed a rebuild. I got it home and noticed that inside on the bottom there was a bunch of oil (and sludge) sitting in there. I feel this is odd because the oil resivor is still full. Does anyone have an idea what this might be from? Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
previous owner could of tried to work on it, and instead of taking the engine out before trying to repair it, could of just taken the thing apart while inside the hull, and the oil leaked out.

exactly how much is still inside the hull? can you take a picture and post it?

Congrats on a good ski. waveraiders and wave ventures are fun ski's.

This is what i would do, Clean out the inside of the hull very well as well as that sludge, take an oil and fuel sample out of the tanks (just to look for separation or water, can just pump it into a cup) . Next I would wait over night to see if the engine had a small leak anywhere, if not i would try turning the crank and see if the engine would turn over. ( at this time you can also see if while trying to crank or turnover the engine if it leaks anywhere).

Then id start the rebuild if all else fails.

Im interested in seeing what exactly is wrong with your ski, keep us updated, post pics when you can.

Thanks and Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So after working to get the oil out of the bottom of the hull I found some metal pieces (can never be good..). Well it turns out that I can feel a big hole in the bottom of the motor at the rear cylinder... Looks like I will need to look for an engine now. Oh well, I guess that is just how it goes. Anyone have tips on getting a motor without a decent replacement core?? Will keep posted on the progress as I take the motor out..

·
Registered
36 Posts
sbtontheweb.com

they send you the new engine, and you have 7days after you receive the engine to ship back the old one to avoid core charges. you can get a whole new kit for about $1000.

The Wave Raider 1100 is $945.00
the Wave Venture 700 is $745.00

I didnt find a Wave Venture 1100 in the 1995 Year, but in 1996 the wave venture 1100 was $945.00 as well.

Check it out. let me know how it works out. Great winter project. The ski will be like brand new!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts