Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me?? I have a 2006 Yamaha VX110 Deluxe ski. I bought it new and ran it for 30hrs last year. I had it winterized and took out this weekend for the first time this year. I started it up and it smoked a little (its a 4 stroke motor) and a guy said his done that for a couple of minutes then cleared up. Will I rode it for 5 minutes and it did not clear up and was sluggish. I put it back on the trailer and was looking it over and found oil leaking out of the intake air box. I don't know what would have caused this issue. Can somone give me things to check and troubleshoot??

·
Registered
227 Posts
Likely, there is too much oil in the motor. Then the oil discharges through the breather hose into the airbox and blocks the air filter also. Plus, fouled plugs. You'll need to change the oil are at least suck some out. Change the spark plugs. Change the air filter. Clean up the airbox and intake. Dump some fuel conditioner/cleaner in it also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I changed the oil before i put the ski in the water this year. I changed it like the yamaha manual said to. Pump oil out and replace with new. i put in 2.1qt as instructed. i also changed the spark plugs and torque to specs.:confused: Any other things that may cause it??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I found the problem

I talked to my local yamaha tech and he said i did over fill the motor. What I missed was that the motor itself can hold about a quart of oil and when I pumped the oil out of the cooling tank i needed to hold the throttle all the way down which the ski reads as a flooded state and will not start the fuel injectors it will only turn the motor over. You have to turn the motor over for 5-10 seconds then pump the rest of the oil out the cooler. You may have to do this up to three times. I only pumped the oil out and put new in the cooler. So it had about a quart too much and it pushed the excess up through the vent on the crank in to the breather. He said to clean the air box and the filter or buy a new filter (if paper) and run the ski again. The ski should push the excess out and quit. It may a good idea to pump some oil out to where you are a little above the low mark on the stick. I will post again after i try this over the coming weekend.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Did he also tell you yamaha made a mistake on all those dipsticks and they read wrong? Also your vx110 will consume oil so ride them until you hear the low oil warning and put 1 quart and ride again. Our entire rental fleet is 110 deluxes. You will be putting a stater in @ 150 hrs. Learn how to pull the engine now or the dealer is gonna hurt ya. I am telling you it is simple on those motors.:appl:

You have to pull the engine to replace the stater.

If it ever loses performance engine-wise just change the spark plugs but remember tape the spark plug socket to the extension or you will never get it out of the hole.:laugh:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dipsticks read wrong in what sort of way. More Data please. Where would be the proper mark is considered "full" , after the 6 minute idle warm-up?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts