Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just inherited a very low-time 1100 zxi. It runs great. I've been reading this site for some days now, and many of you seem to have a lot of experience with jet-skis.

I have read a few posts where some think the oil-injection system on the zxi is faulty. Is this really the case? Or is it just a few isolated incidents?

Many thanks for all of your ideas.

Berdo

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've owned two 1997 Kawasaki 1100's (ZXI & STX), identical motors/fuel systems, and never a problem with oil injection, particularly if it is low hours.
If in doubt for your first running, put in an oil mix fuel at 50:1, I always use Kawasaki high performance 2 cycle oil. An easy way to see if it is mixing, without any disassembly is to fill the oil reservoir to the brim and run it for a while, check it again to see if it is lower.

These are great machines, and very fast.

Have fun!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've owned two 1997 Kawasaki 1100's (ZXI & STX), identical motors/fuel systems, and never a problem with oil injection, particularly if it is low hours.
If in doubt for your first running, put in an oil mix fuel at 50:1, I always use Kawasaki high performance 2 cycle oil. An easy way to see if it is mixing, without any disassembly is to fill the oil reservoir to the brim and run it for a while, check it again to see if it is lower.

These are great machines, and very fast.

Have fun!
Thanks, Blaes:

I'm feeling better about keeping the stock oil-injection which (knock on wood) seems to be working just fine. I'll keep hoping it is not common for those that have been unfortunate enough to have oil-injection problems.

Berdo

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 97 zxi 1100 and the #1 cylinder burn a hole in the side of the piston and seizing the engine- when I install the new piston, I think I'll premix the fuel and Run it in the injection system- I might have to replace alot of plugs from running rich but at least I'll be able to tell if the injection system is working and not have to rebuild again!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't want to put a block off plate in and lose the injection system. If when I rebuild engine I will run it rich anyway for the breakin and then be able to tell if its working- it has nothing to do with being cheap or lazy - Ok maybe lazy that I don't want to mix everytime I fill my tank up! - if the injection system isn't working I'll replace that-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts