Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a set of skies last year and used them a few times without any problems. I went to charge up the batteries on the Polaris to get it ready for a day at the bay when I saw the inside bottom of the ski was full of oil. I pumped it all out and let it sit a few hours and didn't see anything leaking. I checked all the connectors between the engine and reservoir and found nothing. I checked the next day and noticed the oil reservoir and gone down (maybe 1") and there was a little oil building back up inside (couldn't tell if it was starting in the back/front), I let it sit a few more days and the entire bottom was covered in oil (about 2 quarts). I'm not sure where to start looking on the engine, I've put a clip on the hose from the reservoir to the engine and it stopped leaking.

Thanks!

Zach

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have what appears to be the same issue with my Virage and have ever since I bought it new. I doesn't leak nearly as fast as yours though. I've just delt with the oil in the hull but it's getting old. If you figure out what's causing the leak, please let me know.

Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well

Since its cheap replace the main line and filters that goes to the oil pump/crankcase. Then the ones going from the oil pump to the carbs. If its still leaking you will most likely need to pull the engine and check all the seals

·
Registered
19 Posts
oil leak

the oils coming from the sending unit at the rear of the tank,i slowed mine way up by using a heavy 1/4" drive hose clamp and squeezed the plastic down.at the end of the year i run the oil down in the tank to a 1/4 mark to store it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts