Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 1996 gti and a 1993 spx. The guy I got them from said he used amsoil synthetic in both skis. He did not specify wich kind of synthetic oil. I bought 2 gallons of amsoil interceptor full synthetic oil. If the other oil is not the same would it be alright to add this oil in on top of what is already in it ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Assuming these are 2-stroke engines, you can use any designated 2-stroke motor oil, which will be stated on the oil container. Walmart's SuperTech brand would be sufficient.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I was also wondering if it was okay to fill the oil reservoir to the top .

·
Registered
811 Posts
You need to make sure that the oil is rated TCW III, this is a grade of oil that is ashless and will leave less deposits. Also it is fine to fill the oil tank to the top. What ever you do don't convert to pre-mix for alot of reasons.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It is correct to use tcw3 2-stroke oil. However, is is far more beneficial to convert to premix than to leave it as injected, especially considering your ski's are older, like mine. The primary reason is that the injection system may fail, and if this happens, you loose your engine. Just something to consider...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts