Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All BS aside finally, I'm still messing with this thing.

For those that don't know, this 2nd SBT motor is also overheating on me.

I have not yet installed the heads sent to me by SBT, I should have them on by Thursday or so (maybe).

In any case, I have little faith that this will cure the overheat anyways.

I'd like to sell the ski, but as hydro mentioned to me, regardless of what I do, keep or sell.. it's worth more w/o the problem.

I'm going to go ahead and do something that Hydro suggested to me before and what Randy at Watcon suggested I try today when I spoke to him on the phone for a few minutes.

Going to pressure test the cooling system finally and see if I have a leak somewhere in it.

If I do.... theeeen, I guess we'll go from there. I think pressure testing the pipe itself would be quite the ordeal. I guess I could bolt some type of plate to it to seal it tho.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I can do the test w/ everything connected. What I meant will be tougher is if I do find a leak, how to pressure test just the manifold or just pipe. The answer would be fab up a plate to cover up the openings. Tough on the manifold tho.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PH2OCRAFT said:
Maybe it's easier to just throw on the manifold and pipe and see how it does??
I guess I'm game if you are! Kinda heavy to ship so I figured I'd check before going through all the trouble!

Let me know what ya think, pm me details if ya wanna :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
hows about this,i'd like to see a picture of the water manifold's bottom side.and does anybody have a boat similiar we can compare it to.wondering if the water flow has been changed there,ie the 1050,1200's have different setups what about the 900???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rgard32 said:
Any status on this motor javier?
Still overheating, even after a carb rebuild, cooling system pressure check (tested OK), bypassing the fuel selector switch, fuel water seperator, and nothing, still overheats.

So I'm done, and the ski is up for sale.. I give up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
javiert99 said:
So I'm done, and the ski is up for sale.. I give up.
Don't blame you one bit. I consider myself a patient man, but I would have burned that thing to the ground long ago. So you tried a new pipe and manifold, and still had overheating issues? When you think about the cooling system, what could it be other than blockage? Its a fairly straightforward design.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PH2OCRAFT said:
Let's say the cooling system is fine, what else could have changed? Possible timing issues??
I'm leaning towards timing, but it doesn't matter at this point really. I have someone who's called me a few times and really wants to see the ski today (although I have class tonight AND a pending hurricane, so it's gonna be a tough shot at a visit tonight), I have my fingers crossed. I truly think the ski is a great deal for somebody, at that price they can get the overheat issue figured out, maybe they can take it to a shop who will check timing better than I can, and have a great running ski, because otherwise the thing runs like a raped ape with the fresh carbs, etc. It starts right up now after the carb rebuild too.

Cooling system checked out ok, held pressure 100% during a leak down test.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts