Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..new to the forum here. I have couple jetskis, one being an 97zxi 900 that I want to rotate over and do some work and repaint on the bottom. Im kinda at a loss on the best way to flip/rotate the ski as well as any pre steps other than draining the oil and fuel.

i have an auto rotisserie that I thought about riggin up some type of jig that would mount on the front and back of the ski on the tie downs..good idea or bad?

kinda at a stand still here.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I've done it 2 ways:
1. Drain the fluids and lay the ski on its side, do one side of the hull, then roll it over and do the other. This way works well, but you have to do everything twice, so its time consuming
2. The last time I used a lift harness and 2 ton chain lift to lift the ski, so I could get underneath. I put my PWC stand under the back end as a safety measure and to help stabilize the ski from swaying back and forth. This worked OK, but it is really hard to work on you back all the time.

The best way to do it is to completely flip the ski upsidedown on the floor. Many guys rig up a way to protect the handlebars, etc.. This works the best for skis that don't weigh too much. I don't know about the zxi. The auto rotation thing might work, but I don't know where you would be able to make an attachment to the ski.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking ide use some kind of arm jig for the rear and attach it where the hold down loops are...one on each side...are these pretty strong...hatet o rip the rear off the back.

on the front I was thinking ide attach to the rope eyelet at the very front.

I have found neither jet ski has a good attach point.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
It might work if you can rig up something to attach to the stern eyes and bow eye. I would still put something underneath the middle to help support the weight, since I doubt that these points would hold the full weight of the ski. On my ski they are just attached to the thin fiberglass at the rear of the ski.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts