Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a potentially new owner of a pair of 1998 Tiger Sharks. I wanted to to get an honest opinion on them.

I am looking for a machine to boot around in the lake with my kids - no intentions of racing - just looking for a ride for me and the kids and to possibly tow a tube behind

For current tiger shark owners what should I look out for and what are the pro's and cons of these machines. I am aware they are discontinued so how hard is it to get parts ?

·
Registered
811 Posts
I am a potentially new owner of a pair of 1998 Tiger Sharks. I wanted to to get an honest opinion on them.

I am looking for a machine to boot around in the lake with my kids - no intentions of racing - just looking for a ride for me and the kids and to possibly tow a tube behind

For current tiger shark owners what should I look out for and what are the pro's and cons of these machines. I am aware they are discontinued so how hard is it to get parts ?
I don't know how much these skis are. But I wouldn't invest much in them. You may be okay on a lake but not salt water. Most people that own them call them junk. One major problem is the drive shafts. Then theres no parts, so eventually you will use one for parts. In most states legally you need three seat skis to tow so every one can ride the ski if need be. So that shoots tubing I hope you are also a good mechanic I really can't think of any thing good to say. In a nut shell you had a snowmobile manufacturer who tried their hand at PWC'S and failed miserbly. Artic Cat was their name. The design was poor and the engine was unreliable. My advice is run away from this one.:reiter:

Good luck with that :confused:

See Ya:jester:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts