·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting a new jetski for the 08 season

'08 Sea Doo RXT-X
'07 Yamaha FX Cruiser SHO
"07 Honda AquaTrax R-12X

or if you guys have other recommendations.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is the supercharger worth the extra $$$$ and paying for premium gas everytime????? I see on some websites people saying the supercharged model is not that much better than naturally aspirated one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't believe we are on the same page here. All of Sea-doo's RXT models, whether they be an X model or not, are supercharged. The RXP, the two seater, now has a 255hp option, a 215hp option and a naturally aspirated 155hp option. The supercharged models are faster out of the hole and have a higher top end speed. The only reason I can see to buy a naturally aspirated RXP would be to put a turbo on it!!! These are fairly large crafts, I personally would go with the RXT-X, if you have the cash/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you are right.....i meant the rxp without the supercharger, hopefully ill have the cash for the RXT-X that thing looks sick haha.....thanks for all the help man

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah, np bro. Good luck in your search. I have a RXT Stage III at home but I still can't wait to get a good look at the new X machines, they managed to fit an external intercooler in without a rear exhaust, pretty cool for a stock ski!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't be so quick to write off the Yamaha. Someone above mentioned fuel type, which to me is HUGE!! The SHO can use regular, and Yamaha units always get better fuel efficiency anyway. Aside from that, as it seems that this guy is looking more at power anyway, it remains to be seen how the new SHO compares. It has a 1800cc engine vs. the seadoo 1500cc, and a new hull design which they say gives it a better power-to-weight ratio.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts