Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, so i bought this jet ski a year ago and it ran great. it has very low hours and seemed to be well maintaned sometime later i began having issues while riding. if i ever turned it off after riding it would shut down completely for a random amount of time before suddenly coming back on. now when i say shut down i mean it would show ABSOLUTELY NO signs of having power. it was as if someone took the battery out, then all of a sudden put it back in later. i tried to have it fixed but no one could figure out what was going on. this summer after just a couple of rides the starter went out. I've had it fixed but now the ski will NEVER show any signs of power. i've put 2 brand new batteries in it this summer alone so that is certainly not the problem. If anyone has any ideas why it would be acting like this, PLEASE HELP!

Greatly appreciated,
Matt

·
Registered
37 Posts
Matt: If I understand your problem - you're saying you get no power to anything? The engine will not crank, you get no power to your gauges? I would be checking for a loose connection in the wiring or bad fuse connection or something simlilar.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea thats the problem. i've tried to look around in there as best i could but i'm really no handyman :confused:. i've had a few people look at it and i guess they didn't find anything either...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i checked over the electrical box this morning and the fuse was blown so i replaced it....still nothing. what is the "brain box"?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Matt: If you found a blown fuse, obviously something caused it to pop, and that usually is a shorted wire. You were in what I refer to as the main "brain box" - Did you check to see if there are any shorted wires or black/burned spots in there? Also - when you replaced the blown fuse - you still had no power to anything??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i didn't see anything that would have caused on the first run-through but i'll give it another more thorough look. and yea when i put the fuse in nothing changed at all.... which pretty much broke my heart cuz i thought it was about to magically start working again :(. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts