Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me decide...

I want a 3 seater for towing tubers/wakeboarders/skiers. It needs to be easy to use so the wife will be comfortable riding it alone. I something with tons of power and speed. We'll also want it to be comfortable for cruising around Clear Lake and Galveston Bay. The Bay can get pretty choppy sometimes.

The two we are considering are the Yamaha FX SHO and Sea Doo RXT-X. I like the Yamaha because its priced a bit cheaper. I do want the power and conveniences of the Sea Doo and it's iControl features.

The only thing that worries me about the Sea Doo is the iControl system and maybe maintenance issues down the road. It sure seems like alot of electronics. Any input is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
811 Posts
If you want the fastest three seater get the RXTX, you will regret it if you don't. I also answered your question about the wear ring. I was talking to a guy this weekend who just sold his FZR Yamaha for a new RXTX and said it was faster and comfortable. as you know I own three Sea Doo skis.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you want the fastest three seater get the RXTX, you will regret it if you don't. I also answered your question about the wear ring. I was talking to a guy this weekend who just sold his FZR Yamaha for a new RXTX and said it was faster and comfortable. as you know I own three Sea Doo skis.
Thanks outlaw, I appreciate the help and insight. Leaning towards the Sea Doo right now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The RXT-X 260 is the fastest thing on the water no doubt. its an insanely smooth ride. Also it has 2 driving modes to choose from. the first is the touring mode which is more more novice riders. the touring mode reduces the insane acceleration to a much more friendly ride that your wife will feel comfortable with. Even if she pulls the throttle all the way down the touring mode setting will take control and allow a more gradual acceleration. Also, the i control breaks add extra safety

The second mode is sports mode. This mode is the most fun you can have on a PWC. This thing has so much power it is frightening and once you get used to it you will never look back. You better hold on because once you pull that throttle your gone.

buy it. your wont regret it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts