• Plugs are correct

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 96 Sea Doo GTX with 787 motor started running rough and stalled a few times. Charged the battery and it would not start. Sprayed a little starting ether in it and got it running so-so. While out riding it was on reserve not main tank. Ran out of gas on the reserve and switched it over to the main tank. It would not restart. Checked compression and it was 150 in one cylinder and 30 in the other. Did a wet reading and it was only 35. Took off the spark plug and one was plated with aluminum. Removed the head and the piston had a small crater in it where the aluminum was eated away. What could have caused this???

·
Registered
285 Posts
a lean condition on one cycl could of caused this, or a bent crank and the engine was running out of time on that cycl. My guess would be lean condition on the one cycl. This can be caused buy bad jets in the carb or a vacume leak in the engine. being a 96 i would guess it has a few hours on it and will need a overhaul, and the carbs gone threw. I have always sent my carbs to PURELY TECHNICAL online with they do a great job and have never had a carb related problem from them, i send all my customers carbs their also, just can't say enough about these guys and their reasonable in their pricing. Good luck. You can go to New Jet Ski Parts and Used Jetski Parts - Jetskiparts.com to get a breakdown of your ski it works well for figuring things out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts