Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem getting my 93 750ss to start. The engine cranks strong but it just doesn't seem to want to turn over and start. It's not until I spray a whole bunch of Engine Starter Spray in the cylinders that it finally turns over and off I go. I tried adjusting the carb. screws but that didn't work. Please can someone shed some light on this problem.

I'm also having a problem with my 1996-97 750Zxi. The darn thing always needs a "BOOST" with a battery booster every time and yes, it does have a fresh new battery! The electrical works because the "trim" adjustment works fine even when I'm having this issue. For those who know about this Ski I know when this problem is going to happen and it's usually when the (2) orange check lights don't flash on when you initially turn the electrical on. It almost seems like there simply isn't enough juice for the system to recognize and doesn't pass the systems check therefor not letting me start the engine. Please help me..

-Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
48 Posts
The first one sounds like a fuel issue, check your filters and inspect the whole system.

After you "boost" can you run all day starting and stopping with no problem or do you have to "boost" each and every time you shut it down?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's intermittent. So even if it's been running for a while it can do the same thing. Lots of people are assuming that there is bad connection with either with the ground or the positive wire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carb Rebuild, sounds expensive.. Do you know what a good ballpark estimate for that?

Where can i find the starter relay? Is that an easy fix/part to install or repair? If not, what do you think an average co is to get that done?

And thanks guys for the info!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks.... Well, maybe I just might try and do it myself. Where's a good source to get the rebuild kit.

And the starter relay? For the most part, do you think it just needs a good cleaning for just check the connections. Or should I just replace the whole thing. Do you know what it looks like? heheehe.. I guess you can tell by now that im no jetski mechanic. heheehe.. Thanks for the advice...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts