Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, im kind of in a jam. I have bought a 1999 polaris SLTX, and the stator was bad. The stator was replaced and upgraded as well as a new battery was put in, and it still will not run. I bought the ski for less than $800.00, and im already in repairs for about $1200.00. The repair guy has also found that the impeller was bad and one of the cylinders only had about thirty pounds of compression and it will have to be redone. So all in all i will be about 2800.00 in repairs when it should be running. My debate here is whether or not it will be worth fixing, or just cutting the loss as it is right now. Where do i go from here, and what can i do with it if repairs arent worth it? Any help is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hello all, im kind of in a jam. I have bought a 1999 polaris SLTX, and the stator was bad. The stator was replaced and upgraded as well as a new battery was put in, and it still will not run. I bought the ski for less than $800.00, and im already in repairs for about $1200.00. The repair guy has also found that the impeller was bad and one of the cylinders only had about thirty pounds of compression and it will have to be redone. So all in all i will be about 2800.00 in repairs when it should be running. My debate here is whether or not it will be worth fixing, or just cutting the loss as it is right now. Where do i go from here, and what can i do with it if repairs arent worth it? Any help is very much appreciated.
Yo, it is not a good idea to more than double your stake and have a $4,800.00 11 year old, discontinued Jet Ski. Thats called throwing good money after bad:ukliam3:

You could buy a nice Seadoo for that kinda coin:party-smiley-020::appl:

See Ya:062:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya i know what your saying, i bought a 1995 seadoo GTX with the polaris and a double trailer, and the saedoo runs like a champ all the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts