Personal Water Craft Forum banner
41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
ok so i got another question big suprize right ?so im getting ready to order a bunch of parts the jet pump rebuild kit maybe a new impeller and maybe a floating bearing and i wanted to look at the jet bearings in my hand i hold the crank that long rod connected to it is the jet pump and impeller i took the cone off the impeller which left some weird bolt which i assume is how you get to everything else how do you get that off ? tried some vise grips but didnt move and is that even how you get the other end of the crank shaft out im trying to figure out if i have a spline to spline ? also i was wondering what part of the float bearing moves i have it still connected to that big hose i stick my finger down the middle of it and try to see if anything moves in there but nothing spins moves or anything ?

·
Registered
157 Posts
oic i was going to ask if your from ma just bring it to my shop so i can help you out.... just take anykind of wrench that will fit the bolt and hold the prop with a towel so you wont heart your hand and just remove the bolt

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
hey so i figured out a little more today i finally got the shaft out of the impeller side everything in the jet seems fine theres no play spins makes no noise but if i put the shaft in them impeller and wiggle it thats the noise im hearing the rattle seems like there is just to much play on that any ideas wouls that be a bad impeller or shaft or am i still missing something how do you get the shaft to stay tighter in the prop ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
ya i can try i also ordered a new impeller today i prolly didnt need it but just incase i know mine had a small bend in it i found one on ebay for 70 bucks figured it couldnt hurt .il try the video 2morrow and il get back then

41 - 60 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.