Personal Water Craft Forum banner
101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a service manual that I downloaded for the TS I am working on.
At the end of the manual there is a service bulletin about noise when the machine is out of water. It said that it is normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone I am new to the site and don't want to start a new thread for the same problem - nor do I want to hijack the thread. Mine is a '99 900 Tigershark, began to make a different sound running in the water, took it out of the water and looked at the impeller. It is tighter to the bottom and gapped at the top. Running out of the water have the metal tinny sound just as discribed in the thread. Pulling up on the shaft bearing while rulling it sounds alot better. Do you think it is just the bearing that i need to replace? Shim the motor up? There is a little play in the bearing so that leads me to think bearing.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a jetski that does the same shit. It ran great all season parked it for winter tried to fire it up the next season and that same damn noise. I have yet to try fixing it I was thinking it could be predentination or running lean... Have you rebuilt the carb? I was told that the carbs need to be rebuilt yearly could this be way?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good thread.

One of my 650's just now began rattling when I was lubing & checking them out before heading to the lake for the first time of the season. They are on a trailer. One is quiet & the other rattles. (It's nice that I have two of them so I can compare...)

I had to replace a driveshaft a couple of years ago, but now I'm having a hard time pulling the drive off after removing the 4 bolts. Can anybody offer advice on how to loosen it? It should just slip out, right? And the drive shaft is splined and should come out along with the impeller & pump unit? (That's how I think I remember it...)

thanks,

101 - 104 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.