Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a yamaha waveraider 1100 2 stroke that my [email protected] friend borrowed and pulled water into the engine, carbs and hull. It wouldn't start at first, but I have it running now, but took it to the lake and top speed is 35mph in a straight line (should be 65 mph). I replaced all plugs, gas, oil and fuel filter, and I ran it for an hour at 35mph, but no improvement in speed. Also, when I turn left or right, the jet ski bogs down and speed drops to maximum of 10 mph, no mater how much throttle I give it.

I think its the carbs, but I wasn't having any problems whatsoever before it took on water into the engine. Is there something in the carbs that is affected by water? I need to get this thing running for a trip coming up, so any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealership says its probably bent reed valves

I have replaced all the oil and gas, and then ran the jet ski for over an hour, so I think those are good. Well, today (Wed Aug 27) I took my jet ski to the dealership, they said it was probably the reed valves, and will cost $300 to replace them. They will take it apart in the next few days

Does this sound right? Automotive carbureters don't have reed valves, why do jet skis? And would this be the reason why when I go left or right on the jet ski my speed drops from 35mph to 10mph?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts