Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am new to this forum and I am doing a carb conversion on my 2003 Polaris Genisis 1200i. I have seen a few forum posts about this topic but I haven't seen anyone actually do it. I bought 2 1999 Polaris genesis off of someone for $150 dollars and I pulled all of the parts I would need to do the swap from them. the 2 skis appear to be a complete lost cause to ever bring back to life due to the fact that it appears that both skis had head trouble and were left in pieces in a field for about 10 years. as you can see from the pictures below I had to remove the gas tank, oil tank, Both E-boxes, the heads, valve covers ( lack of a better word), the electronic reverse box, the water manifold, intake manifold, fuel filter, and the stator. all of this needs to be instaled into the EFI ski in order for it to work, other than that everything else should work as it should even the original dash! I will post more when I instal it all into the EFI ski

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Even though all of this should bolt right into the EFI ski I think there will need to be some custom brackets and things that need to be made in order to mount the E-boxes and the battery because they will be in different locations that the 1999's

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey everyone I finally got the swap done after 3 days of long hours and an insane amount of work. there were a couple of things that needed to be changed that i did not metion, for instance, the plugs on the reverse box are different and the reverse box is in a different location between the two skis so I had to make a custom loom the adapt the two. Another thing is that the harness for all of the controls is different and had to be switched. other than that here are some pictures of the process

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this swap was a lot of work if you have the money get your emm repaired, But if you don't and have nothing but time on your hands like me this swap is the answer because it only cost me about $200 and about 3 days of work. If anyone has any questions about the swap feel free to leave a message on here I look on the forum just about every day.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The harness that I had to make for the reverse is one I am very proud of because I had to look through all of the manuals to find the right pinouts for the different plugs, This harness could allow you to use different year model reverses on different ski's if you want to know the pinouts and what wires go where I have them and can post them here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE: The ski runs great the only issue I've had with it is the battery drain from the dash but I installed a battery cutoff switch and have since resolved the issue, The ski starts up every time now and runs like a dream now. I have even picked up a second EFI ski and am doing another swap just like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts