Personal Water Craft Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ryan: The Seafoam treatment is not an immediate cure - it takes a while for it to run through the fuel system to help clean up the jets, etc. As was said early on - if you want an immediate fix - you're going to have to pull the carbs and clean them manually. If you don't feel comfortable working on them, see if you can find someone to help you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
oh it doesnt cure in a couple hours? Do i need to buy some more and put it in my next tank of gas too or just put more gas in and continue as normal.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ryan: 1) I am NOT a Seafoam sales rep. :): 2) Yes, I would try at least 3 tanks using the Seafoam. 3) If it doesn't improve ANY, you WILL need to take the carbs off. :dunno:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
okay well im about to attempt to clean the carb with a buddy who knows alot more than me. To clean the carb i need to drain the gas and oil and completely take the carb off the jetski before opening it up right?
Thanks for all the help again,
Ryan

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Ryan: No, you should not have to drain your fuel and oil - just expect a little spilling of gas when you take off the carbs is all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I actually have a question. Currently having the common no spark situation with my 99 700cc. ready to pull the fly wheel and stator tomorrow to check woodruff key before putting all the money into new electrical system. I have checked all grounds --- good, checked kill switch for malfunction --- good, checked everything till I am blue in the face, still no spark. pulled a ohm test from another link to test CDI box resistance doesn't even match what the book calls for. The CDI box is brand new and not an updated system. Running out of ideas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh yeah the coil pack is also new. I am obviously thinking it is the stator but not sure what readings should be to test.

·
Registered
25 Posts
sounds like its time to replace the magneto, I have had to do this to both of my skis, I went with the updated version, I cut the ground wire going from the engine to the electronics box on one and not the other to see if cutting it really makes the cdi last longer or not. I haven't had any spark problems with either in 5 years. hope you can get back out playing soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
that's what I was afraid of. I am already on the way to removing it was just hoping for another option. is there any specific updated electronics set that is better than any other?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got my kits from marto motosports on ebay, it came with magneto, cdi, and coil, they were really good at answering my questions. I stuck with pure Polaris parts, I didn't even look for other brands, I don't even know if anyone makes them. If I remember right, the coils were the same, but their were different colored wires from the magneto to cdi. I can check tomorrow and see what the difference was, I should have all the old parts and an extra new kit incase. I figure I have to keep my ski's running for another 5 years to get my money out of them. I have over $6500 in them from letting friends borrow them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey All,
I am looking at buying a 98 SLT700. According to the seller it only has approximately 50 hours on it, is there anything I should look for when I go to see it? Any common problems that I should look for? Are these good pwc's? Thanks!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts