Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in the late 80s there was a 2-piece attachment to add a pontoon kit to the 440/550 skis. I don't think it was ever very popular, but I KNOW this thing existed once upon a time. Oddly enough, I want to get one for one of my old skis.

If anyone has some information on the pontoon kit, please let me know (especially if you know of 1 that's for sale). I've looked around online but don't seem to be able to find any thing on this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am designing a outrigger kit for my Kawasaki Ulta. We are panning a trip to Kodiak and can not afford to roll over in the Ocean.

Has anyone used outriggers on a PWC?

·
Registered
1 Posts
You are looking for the "Wedge" manufactured by a company called FunTech. I bought one used from Arizona Jet Ski back in 1989 and had it shipped to me in Massachusetts for $350. From what I was told, Kawasaki bought FunTech and then shut it down because they were coming out with the sit-down skis.

I used it back in the 80's because my girlfriend at the time was sick of sitting on the beach. I use it now to ride my young sons around on.

This Wedge is great and pretty much unbreakable. It just slides on and attaches with a bolt on the front and two buckle-straps on the sides. It will scratch your paint up a bit however.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts