Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Aquatrax started missing at idle last season and got progressively worse. It would run on 3? cylinders and then suddenly rev up . It made steering very problematic as it would start to oscillate back and forth - you had to get out of the throttle for fear of spilling. I've changed the spark plugs although I feel it is most likely is a fueling issue. Could dirty fuel injectors cause this condition? Any ideas? I've also purchased a new fuel filter, but after buying a factory manual, find fuel filter replacement isn't even covered! My aquatrax has been well looked after (oil changes, greasing, and fuel stabilizer etc.) and not abused and has only 40 hours total use. I've just started it up with the new spark plugs and the misfiring condition is still there. HELP?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever determine the problem with your 2003 Auqutrax? I had a similar problem last year. I put Seafoam fuel injector cleaner in it. Did the trick in about 30 seconds on the lake. I now have the same problem again, but Seafoam didn't clear up the problem this year. I was wondering what you found out?

·
Registered
811 Posts
My Aquatrax started missing at idle last season and got progressively worse. It would run on 3? cylinders and then suddenly rev up . It made steering very problematic as it would start to oscillate back and forth - you had to get out of the throttle for fear of spilling. I've changed the spark plugs although I feel it is most likely is a fueling issue. Could dirty fuel injectors cause this condition? Any ideas? I've also purchased a new fuel filter, but after buying a factory manual, find fuel filter replacement isn't even covered! My aquatrax has been well looked after (oil changes, greasing, and fuel stabilizer etc.) and not abused and has only 40 hours total use. I've just started it up with the new spark plugs and the misfiring condition is still there. HELP?
Did either of you lubricate the actuator rod that opens and closes the waste gate to the turbo, this is the biggest common problrm of the turbo.:confused:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Leave it tied to the trailer on the ramp [in the water] and run it with the seats removed. Unplug the connector to the ignition coils one at a time until you find which cylinder is not firing. When you do, put a new sparkplug in that cylinder and see if it smooths out. If it does not smooth out do a compression test on all cylinders with the plugs out and WOT. Check the plugs for signs of water in the cylinders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts