Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've never purchased my own pwc, but have been a frequent renter and know a few people who have them. Anyway I've done research about potentially buying one and I've decided (I think) on a Yamaha because of the reliability. Before I actually go to a dealer I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me out with...

1. What is the difference between the FX Cruiser SHO and the FX SHO models?

2. If buying a brand new pwc is it smart to use an old trailer or is it better to get a new one? I don't have either so I'm looking at both options. If new how much does a new trailer cost and can you get them at the dealer?

3. Depending on where you look some people say prices are negotiable and others say they are not? If they are about how much can I expect to be able to get off of list price?

4. Assuming I buy a brand new pwc, about how long until things start to break?

5. What are the typical annual repair costs?

6. Can you really tow a tube or wake board behind a pwc at the same speed as a typical boat?

7. When is the best time of year to buy a pwc?

Any other advice would also be appreciated.

Thanks for the help! Mark

·
BORN TO FISH NOT CATCH
1,512 Posts
1. What is the difference between the FX Cruiser SHO and the FX SHO models?
CHROM,SEATS,CLEATS,FOOT PEGS

2. If buying a brand new pwc is it smart to use an old trailer or is it better to get a new one? I don't have either so I'm looking at both options. If new how much does a new trailer cost and can you get them at the dealer?
HAVE A PAKAGE DEAL

3. Depending on where you look some people say prices are negotiable and others say they are not? If they are about how much can I expect to be able to get off of list price?
WE ARE SELLING ARE PWC 300 OVER COST

4. Assuming I buy a brand new pwc, about how long until things start to break?
MAYBE NEVER

5. What are the typical annual repair costs?
300-600

6. Can you really tow a tube or wake board behind a pwc at the same speed as a typical boat?
YES, BUT THERE IS NO WAKE

7. When is the best time of year to buy a pwc?
WINTER TIME!

Any other advice would also be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info - I appreciate it.

On #2 when I was asking about a trailer you said "Have Package Deal". Do you mean that they sell a package deal if you want? If so, how much does that add to the price?

Is the FX SHO the fastest pwc that Yamaha makes? Are there other models that have equivalent speed but less bells and whistles?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts