Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right I am all over the place right now. Everybody on this forum has been awesome. Wanting to get some pricing advice.

Two 2007 VX Cruisers - one with 26 hours, one with 54 hours. Both are EXTREMELY clean. No knicks, scratches...nada...they look like they are brand new. There is also a double trailer in the mix as well. Price being thrown around by the seller is 14300. That would be obviously for the whole sha-bang.

My question is this...

Looked up on Kelly Blue book and they are saying 5100 for the ski's. Am I way off the mark by coming with an offer of 10000 for the whole lot based on age of ski's and hours?

That would put the cost of the ski's at 4500 per and 1000 for the trailer.

Really do appreciate all you guys and gals helping me with all my questions. Best forum site I have been on in a LONG LONG time!

Thanks so much in advance...

Eric

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I have found NADA values to almost always be too low for boats and pwcs. I'd say 12000 would be a very good deal on those skis. I think 10000 is way low, but you might start from that point and then agree to meet in the middle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is more what I was thinking....may go in at 11500 and move up from there. Problem is that there is a place across the state that is selling new GTS 130 Sea Doo's for 7499....which really takes the steam out of buying used around my area.

So when looking at these, I am constantly thinking....07 models for 6k or new sea doo which is comparable for roughly 7k.

Man tough decision...does not help that I am the type of person that over analyzes everything... ha ha ha:laugh:

Thanks for the heads up on the NADA pricing...will keep that in mind. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't have much advice on pricing for used PWC, and this is a little off topic from your question, but I bought a new '09 VX Cruiser last May (2010), and I am wishing I had done a little more research. I like it, but the ride is too rough for my wife that has some shoulder and neck issues unless the water is pretty smooth.

After I found this forum and started looking around a little more, I figured out that for the Yamahas the VX is the "sporty" one with a flatter hull that rides more on the top of the waves, and the FX has a steeper hull that cuts through the water better for a smoother ride. The fact that I did my test ride in early evening when the water was pretty glassed out didn't help me figure that out either.

Bottom line is that although I got the dealer to let me test-ride the VX Cruiser, I was new to PWC and didn't think much about the hull design and how it would affect the ride. He also had a new leftover FX that was more $$, but I probably would have gone with that if I had ridden both.

Of course, that doesn't even bring other manufacturers in to the mix, but FWIW that's my .02

·
Registered
811 Posts
Seadoo awarded PWC of the year 2011

That is more what I was thinking....may go in at 11500 and move up from there. Problem is that there is a place across the state that is selling new GTS 130 Sea Doo's for 7499....which really takes the steam out of buying used around my area.

So when looking at these, I am constantly thinking....07 models for 6k or new sea doo which is comparable for roughly 7k.

Man tough decision...does not help that I am the type of person that over analyzes everything... ha ha ha:laugh:

Thanks for the heads up on the NADA pricing...will keep that in mind. :thumbsup:
Ok this is simple, Why would you buy a pair of Jap Slaps that will drench you and beat you to death. It is clear that the Seadoo GTS is a superior ski in every category, S-3 Hull much deeper "V" hull that is stepped for a way better ride. Next new skis have no hidden problems and a WARRANTY!!!

Next is fit and finish is part of why Seadoo got PWC of the year in PWC TODAY. Seadoo is way ahead of Yamaha and Kawasaki in regards to technology. Austrian Quality motors as well.

So it is simple why buy yesterdays technology with no warranty.:confused:

Seadoo has the competition on its heels right now searching for competitive advancements, drive by wire, easier throttle operation and many other advancements.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Unless you can get that seller down on those VXs, paying about 2 grand more for the new Sea Doos at about 16,300-16,500 (7500 each plus 1200-1500 for a double trailer) is a compelling option. The warranty and the future resale value of the newer skis would be worth it.

The Sea Doo vs Yamaha VS Kawasaki debate will rage on forever (just like Ford vs Chevy, Toyota vs Honda, Yankees vs the White Sox, etc) Each brand has their pluses and minuses.

IDEagleEye makes a great point---the design of the VX hull makes it best for smoother waters--it's a very reliable ski though--the VX has been the top selling PWC in the industry every year for the past 6 years primarily driven by rental fleets who value reliability above all else--some of their locations put 600-800 hours a year on their rentals and they need something that will work day in and day out.

But, if you don't ride primarily on fairly smooth waters, consider either the Sea Doo or a larger Yamaha like the FX rather than the VX.

(I'm a newbie here (as far as posting but I've been lurking here for almost 3 years) I've been boating 34 years and live on a lake in a state park and have a 20 ft Sea Doo jet boat I bought new 11 years ago (great toy) and 2 Yamaha FXHOs (plus a pontoon boat with a Honda motor.) All my neighbors have a mix of brands as well and we can debate brand x or brand z all day but bottom line is you can't go wrong with either.....good luck in your decision

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again all for the clean and productive information. It really does help a soon to be new owner of a PWC to help make the right decision for their financial and riding situation.

Great forum...great members....thanks so much for putting up with my posts!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts