Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a dealer has a 07 FX HO brand new with warranty in stock. Can anyone with experience give me what a high-low price range would be? I am somewhat familiar with the usual prices on for sale by owners, but the 3 year old, yet brand new with warranty thing throws me. Wife isn't thrilled about my latest toy acquisition attempt!! Just don't want to get hosed. I guess another question is, Is it worth it to pay a higher price for a ski being new but older when there are some good prices on used 1-3 year old skis? Thanks guys...

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Saw a dealer has a 07 FX HO brand new with warranty in stock. Can anyone with experience give me what a high-low price range would be? I am somewhat familiar with the usual prices on for sale by owners, but the 3 year old, yet brand new with warranty thing throws me. Wife isn't thrilled about my latest toy acquisition attempt!! Just don't want to get hosed. I guess another question is, Is it worth it to pay a higher price for a ski being new but older when there are some good prices on used 1-3 year old skis? Thanks guys...
When I was shopping I found several dealers selling new 07 FX HO in the $8500-9500 price range. Problem was that I also found several 08s in this same catagory. Now I've even seen some 09 FX HOs listed at around $9000-9500. Of course you will have to add tax and dealer costs to these figures. I ended up getting a used, but nearly new (19 hours) 08 FX HO Cruiser for $7500. It came with a trailer and the yamaha extended warranty good through 2011. I just recently saw a lightly used (25 hours) 2008 FX SHO with trailer sell for $7800 in my area on Craigslist. I couldn't get to it in time, or I would have bought it, since I'm looking for a second ski. There was another 2008 SHO with only 30 hours plus trailer that sold for $7200 on Ebay just this week, so there are some good deals on used skis out there right now.

If you keep your eyes open you can find some really great deals on used machines. As soon as you pull a new one off the lot it is going to depreciate 15-20%. If you do buy new, keep in mind that Yamaha upgraded the hull after 2007 (Nanocel?). There is a significant difference in the ride between my 08 FX HO and my brother's 06 FX HO. So, if its only a few hundred more, I'd go with a newer model. If I were buying new, I'd go with the 09 FX HO/Cruiser. It has the larger 1800cc engine, good fuel economy, Nanocel hull, and the cruise assist feature, which really comes in handy if you do a lot of towing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts