Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have done a bit of research in the search section on this one but i'm not quite sure what the real answer is. I just put a new battery in my Yamaha WR500 and it starts perfect every time now :)
I have recently done a bit of work on my Yamaha WR500, i flushed out my tank and replaced hoses etc, i also replaced both plugs. I am using Shell Nautlis tc-w3 outboard oil at a ratio of 40:1 not too sure if this is why it's smoking or not? - i put half a litre of TC-W3 with 20 litres of petrol (Full tank.)

I went down the beach yesterday and she started fine. I went to accelerate and all it does is rev really high and not go anywhere! I also noticed that the more i accelerate, the more it smoked. I seem to be stuck in neutral!

I just flushed out the whole system with red-ex and also poured red-ex down the top of the carb and cleared the fuel filter and air filter.

I'm new to Jet Ski mechanics still learning lots from this forum - thanks guys :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the impeller and liner gap (should be 2-7thou). Check the intake grate for blockages and check the impeller for damage. It is cavatating
hi Gc thanks for the advice mate. I have never really had a Jetski before this and im not too good on mechanics.
1. Where can i find the impellar and liner gap?
2. what should be 2-7?
3. i put the word 'cavitating into wiki and couldnt understand it very much sorry

Can you please explain ?

Thankyou for your fast reply :)

Regards,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply mate. I will check the impeller and the intake grate for blockages and damages - i got an picture of one on google images; now i understand :)

I'll get back to you :)

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi GC, i checked the intake for damage and it seems fine i also checked the nozzle at the back of the jet and all seems ok - no blockages or damage.
It's hard to work on the jetski as it's on the trailer which is pretty low!
However, it's still cavitating. Perhaps i should unbolt the intake and look further, would you suggest so?

Regards,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts